Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Book Review: Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3)

Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3) 

Bound by Flames

Jeaniene Frost

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

Cause I'm still reading these books at this point, I'm obviously desensitized to the horrible cover images. If you see me reading these in real life no you most certainly did not. But yes, Bound by Flames is the third book in the Night Prince series. It starts with a bit of a time jump, we have Leila struggling to get a handle on her vampiric upgrades. We see Vlad struggling to get his medieval views on women in order. Mostly we're just seeing two people trying to adapt to married life while one is also trying to adapt to being undead. 

The biggest issue with this series is how everything feels so forced and predictable. It's like, in book two Vlad kept warning Leila to stop messing with people or else she would end up a ghoul or a vampire and then bam plot twist she kept messing with people and ended up a vampire. A similar situation happened in this book, no spoilers though. If I wasn't such a sucker for that whole trope then I would probably have rated it even lower but also I'm very predictable in what I enjoy. 

This one kind of putters off towards the end. It's not exciting as the other two and I don't feel as motivated to start the fourth. We'll see if I finish off strong with this series or it falls into the evergrowing category of series which I read most of.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...