Thursday, August 27, 2020

Book Review: Watching You

  Watching You

Watching You

Lisa Jewell

4/5

I wasn't sure about this one at any point throughout the book. That's what makes a good psychological thriller, the constant questioning of where everyone stands and what everyone did. While I had a good idea of what was going on, I was still being constantly surprised. 

Psychological thrillers also have a tendency to stress me out a lot. I get attached to characters and even if they make bad decisions, I don't want them to get in trouble for them. I was afraid that my favorite characters here would get into trouble that they couldn't get out of and even for crimes they didn't commit. Luckily, even with all the miscommunications and lies, the police were able to figure out the root of the situation and arrest the real perpetrator. That was sad in its own right, especially given the twist at the end, but it was better than I thought it would end. 

But yeah, if you're into those books that aren't provided chronologically, that keep you figuring stuff out as you go, this is a great book for you. There were some weird story-lines that could get a little tedious, all in all a great read though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...