Thursday, August 27, 2020

Book Review: Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3)

 Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)

Queen of Air and Darkness

Cassandra Clare

5/5

Call me biased, but I base a lot of my review on how much a book makes me cry. This one had me crying at multiple points, the emotions were high through all 900 Kindle pages. This was an extremely long book, it feels like cheating that TDA is only getting three books while TMI got six, but there were like four books within this one. Every single battle had major significance to the universe, and there were major events happening on basically every page. 

I was so nervous the whole time cause I just need all of these people to be happy. I'm so invested back into shadowhunters at this point and all their lives have so much tragedy in them. Julian Blackthorn and Emma Carstairs have both won places among the top characters in my opinion. I mean, it's so difficult to pick your favorite characters in this universe because they all have such beautiful arcs that so closely relate to the rest of the universe. Cassandra Clare has become an expert at weaving these insanely complicated tapestries of events and characters together. 

The little features of Jace and Clary and Tessa and Jem killed me. Jace was never my favorite man in the shadowhunter universe, when you have Will and Jem he kind of fades away. But he was growing on me here with all his comments and his "maturity". The ending shook me too, I can't wait to see the impacts of that on him and Clary. I know the next series isn't about them, but I'm hoping for some more appearances that really extend the lives of their characters.

I could talk about the characters and relationships in this series literally all day (I won't even get into the perfection that is Blackstairs because this review would be twice as long) but if you're holding off on getting back into shadowhunters you're missing out. I can't wait to read the next series in this universe and to see what Cassandra Clare does next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...