Sunday, August 18, 2019

Book Review: Seraphin: Tales of Intetra #1

Image result for seraphin kirsten forrester

Seraphin
Kirsten Forrester
4/5

Overview

This book was pretty great for the length and what I anticipated. I love a book with a good plot twist, and there were plenty of them in Seraphin. Basically, Sapharine is a princess but not really because she has had to pose as Prince Seraphin her entire life to avoid being murdered. As Prince Seraphin, she has trained herself into a master soldier, cold and cruel, capable of doing whatever necessary to end the war.

There were parts of the book when I feel like things were happening a little too conveniently, yet simultaneously the writing made it all feel extra. The romance felt a little lighter than what I usually like in a book, but it has a good set-up. It may have just been the skips in the timeline which created a false sense of things, I had a difficult time understanding how long they had been together, how long they had actually interacted.

I think the ending is what really got me, cause like I said, I love a good twist. I had thought the plot was getting a little stagnant, but then all the sudden everything changed and the book left off on a cliffhanger. I appreciated it and I think the whole vibe of the book shifted completely.

Would I Recommend?

I think there's a great plot building up here and I'm excited to see where it goes in the second book. It's great if you love fantasy, strong heroines, and relatively clean romance. Also after reading the author's note at the end, Go Gators.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book! Went in not knowing what to expect and binged read it in one weekend! I was so impressed by the whole story. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was also surprised by it, it had some great moments and I'm excited to see where it's going.

      Delete

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...