Monday, November 16, 2020

Book Review: Mr. Darcy's Grieving Wife

 Mr. Darcy's Grieving Wife: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen Re-Imaginings Book 8)

Mr. Darcy's Grieving Wife

Rose Fairbanks

3/5

Another variation because I have absolutely nothing better to do. In this one, Elizabeth's father dies before any of his daughters are secure in marriage. Elizabeth is nearly forced into marrying Mr. Collins before Darcy learns of the situation and offers a marriage of convenience that could suit them both. 

I liked the premise more than I liked the ultimate ending. I think that these variations too often lose the strength of both Darcy and Elizabeth's character. The conflict towards the end felt obligatory and non-important in the grand scheme of things. The grief didn't have the resolution that you would expect from a book with grief in the title. I wanted more drama, this was decent it just wasn't what I feel it could have been. 

All in all it was a quick and entertaining read. I would prefer it to be more dramatic with more of the traditional misunderstandings, but it was okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...