Monday, November 16, 2020

Book Review: To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy #1)

To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)

To Carve a Fae Heart

Tessonja Odette

2/5

I read a lot of this genre and I have a lot of patience for protagonists being stupid. I just couldn't handle it here though. Evelyn and her sister are chosen to be the human diplomats to the fae courts, secured every hundred years through marriage. She's mad about it, she's determined that she won't be misused or abused and that her fate will ultimately remain her own.

When a character makes the most unfounded accusations at the start of a book, you'd hope that she would realize that maybe she isn't as smart or educated as she thought she was. That's the whole reason I read books, for character growth. Evelyn is stupid from start to finish, with a weak romance thrown in as an attempt to justify her stupid actions. I know that I have the benefit of omniscience when I'm reading, but she had to know how bad some of these choices were and yet she continued. I'm fine with characters making bad choices, I'm not fine when they do it over and over. 

It was interesting enough to keep me reading till the end but not to make me want to read the sequels all that much. To each their own but I just couldn't handle anyone's personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...