Friday, October 29, 2021

Book Review: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles #1)

Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)

Rules of Redemption

T.A. White

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

Rules of Redemption is the first book in a romantic space opera. Let me tell you, I thought I wasn't a fan of sci-fi but really I'm just not a fan of sci-fi books that don't follow the foolproof romantic fantasy chosen one progression of events cause I was loving this. Kira has never known a family, she was rescued from a facility designed to experiment on her and then was funneled directly to the military. She's spent the past decade trying to make a life for herself as a loner and a scavenger. Until she saves some kids and she finds out she has a much more significant heritage than she could have ever imagined. 

Aside from some editing issues in this book that really frustrated me, it was set up for a perfect introduction. We've got drama, we've got romance, and we've got secrets still waiting to be revealed. It's told in dual POVs, Kira and Graydon, a soldier for an Emperor of a very powerful alien race. I love it because it has everything I'm looking for to be easily entertained yet continuously intrigued. 

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the sequel because I'm really just struggling for answers here. I'm glad it's fully released but I think I might have to make some purchases because I don't know how I'll wait. As long as you're not super intense about spelling or grammatical errors, totally recommend this for people who are big fans of the best romantic fantasy tropes along with a well-paced plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...