Sunday, October 31, 2021

Book Review: Dance with the Sword (Bluebeard's Secret #2)

Dance With The Sword (Bluebeard's Secret, #2)

Dance with the Sword

Sarah K.L. Wilson

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 2/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 2/5

Dance with the Sword is the second book in the Bluebeard's Secret series, books that revolve around Bluebeard and his wife Izolda. It's a combination of the tale of Bluebeard and maybe Howl's Moving Castle? Along with a bunch of other really random and quirky references throughout the story. 

I unfortunately liked the first book in this series a lot more than I liked this one. Where it was interesting in book one, it was overdone in book two. I was really pushing myself to get to the end and it felt a lot lengthier than the 300 pages that it was. It might have had to do with the pacing, we were building up so much the whole time with so much happening that even the significance of the ending just felt like another dramatic event in a long series of them. I did appreciate the romantic progression but I also feel like we haven't seen much development on that front. I hate betrayal plot lines because it's like they're turning their back on something that's important but it kind of feels justified here? There's not a lot of teamwork and while a lot of things are being said, I'm not really seeing them in action. 

So it was decent, I might read another book but honestly I'm more bored at this point than anything else. It's not great pacing and it's not holding my interest to the point that I think 300 more pages would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...