Saturday, July 31, 2021

Book Review: The Whimsy Witch Who Wasn't (Tales of Xest #1)

The Whimsy Witch Who Wasn't (Tales of Xest, #1) 

The Whimsy Witch Who Wasn't

Donna Augustine

Overall: 2/5

Plot and themes: 1/5

Characters: 2/5

Writing style: 1/5

Attention-grabbing: 2/5

One night, Tippi is kidnapped by a couple of bounty hunters and transported to the world of Xest. Xest is a kind of pocket dimension where only those with magic can survive, and magic is something she apparently has plenty of. When Hawk finds her he knows she's the only one who can really help him with the mysterious dark threat to Xest. 

The plot of this was super bland. I couldn't figure out what was going on for most of it and then when I did figure it out I didn't really care much. I'm kind of sick of books writing in unavailable men like this into the romance, there are enough of those in real life. And like if he led someone on forever because he's unable to commit for some random reason I'm not really buying that it's something that can be realistically overcome for their weak romance. 

I didn't like the magic or the characters much so it was really just a fail for me. I've liked Donna Augustine's other books so this was just a disappointment. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...