Saturday, July 31, 2021

Book Review: Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta #1)

Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1) 

Shadow of Doubt

Hailey Edwards

Overall: 3.5/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

Shadow of Doubt is the first book in The Potentate of Atlanta series, a sequel series to another series that I didn't read. Hadley committed the ultimate wrong, but rather than the death penalty which she would typically receive she got a new identity and training to be the potentate of Atlanta. But along with this, she has a shadow desperate for chaos which she has to constantly keep in line. 

It's a pretty typical PNR aside from it being pretty slowburn and with a tad of a love triangle twist. The chemistry is pretty obvious straight from the beginning though. There was an oversaturation of certain phrases that really annoyed me, they hyper-fixation on the hair and describing characteristics of the protagonists was a lot. But all in all it was a pretty good start with enough drama to keep me going. I think that it might be a little better if I had read the first series but that's my own fault.

I don't have a lot to say because I have once again already finished the sequel prior to writing this review. They read like popcorn they're incredibly addictive and only mildly fulfilling. But I think if you're a fan of PNR you'll probably be a fan of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...