Saturday, July 31, 2021

Book Review: Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)

Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta, #2) 

Pack of Lies

Hailey Edwards

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

Pack of Lies is the second book of the Potentate of Atlanta series following Hadley, basically a police officer who is also a necromancer. She's losing time and she thinks that the shadow who she is responsible for keeping in line is playing pranks on her. But pranks by this shadow are usually equivalent to a massacre and definitely something she needs to get under control. 

I'm okay with the pacing, both with the storyline and with the romance. I wish there had been a bit more of a boss battle in this book, it just felt a little like a filler but that's probably what it is. I wanted a bit more fulfillment, but the relationship had a nice little arc. I do see a bit of a problem with the secrets that both of them keep so close to their chest which is obviously going to be their biggest hurdle. But it definitely makes me nervous to see some authentic and wholesome development like what we saw in this book while knowing how much they're holding back. 

Still a great book even while being a filler and has definitely kept my attention and prompted me to download the next book. Like I said in my last review, they read very easily and they're just fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...