Sunday, April 4, 2021

Book Review: A Spirited Manor (O'Hare House Mysteries #1)

A Spirited Manor (O'Hare House Mysteries Book 1)

A Spirited Manor

Kate Danley

2/5

Clare O'Hare just lost her husband and has been in a fog ever since. When she begins to see ghosts, she seeks out a medium to help her navigate this new world. A casual seance soon turns into a game of Clue as they struggle to figure out who the murderer it a house full of people enthralled by ghosts.

To be quite honest, I don't have a lot to say about this book because it didn't really engage me at all. I put this on my TBR forever ago for a reason I no longer remember and I saw it was free on Kindle and downloaded it immediately. I had no idea it was so short or that everything was so abrupt but honestly I'm just super confused by it. I knew it was paranormal but I thought it was ghosts alone but then there were monsters and like just some really tacky instalove plot line? Just a lot going on and simultaneously nothing really all that interesting. 

Decent premise, I love ghosts and I love historical fiction, but not so great in the application. I managed to finish it, if only because it's so short, so it's not completely horrible? I don't know, not a lot to recommend it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...