Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Book Review: The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)

 The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia, #2)

The Unseen Heir

Kenley Davidson

4/5

I thought this series has been pretty great. Leisa is an amazing protagonist, dedicated and loyal to her beliefs and values through and through. Kyrion really opened up in this one and became much more than the masked bodyguard. I loved them both a lot and I think this book really capitalized on the values that made them so endearing in the first book. 

That being said, I'm going to move a bit into spoilers here. It was a little disappointing that Leisa's heritage could be so hyped up and then so completely abandoned. I don't know if it's something that will be addressed in later books or if she has decided that she has what she needs in Kyrion, but I wish that we had gotten to know more about her powers and why her parents did what they did. In reading the description for the next book, I see that it doesn't seem to be centered on their lives anymore. I respect that angle and wouldn't hate on the book for it, I just feel like there was some lost potential. 

I still really recommend the series though this one was a lot more romantic than the first one. I'd say the first one was much more of a fantasy action novel with very limited romance and this one just went into a speed round. I'm very excited to read the next one though I don't know how I'll wait a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...