Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Book Review: The Foxhole Court (All for the Game #1)

The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)

The Foxhole Court

Nora Sakavic

2/5

After a rough childhood, Neil receives an offer to play Exy (a made up sport) for Palmetto University. He's been told his entire life to lie low but he decides to enjoy it while he can as he hasn't had much good in his life beside the sport. Unfortunately, there are those around him who could reveal the specifics of his parentage and put him at risk of the very thing he's been running from. Full disclosure before I get into the review for real, even normal sports confuse me and I'm not usually a big reader of action novels so a lot of these things are very obviously opinion-based. 

The characters weren't likeable to me. On top of the kind of convoluted plot with a ton of elements that were difficult to follow, I wasn't feeling a strong connection to any of them. They didn't have moments of vulnerability or heart-to-hearts and they fought a lot. And not normal fights either, highly illegal fights with elements that make me concerned to read any further in the series. Again, that's just probably personal preference because I'm a very HEA type of person. But so many things just didn't make sense to me that I was hoping to at least like the characters. 

It's not totally without value or anything, if you like action then it would probably be a good choice for you. If you're more into the other books that I've recommended on my blog then this might not be the most exciting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...