Friday, January 8, 2021

Book Review: Silver Buckles

Silver Buckles

Silver Buckles

Grace Gibson

2/5

If Kindle Unlimited could stop recommending me almost exclusively Pride and Prejudice variations, that would be appreciated. I saw this one and I saw how great the reviews were and how short it was and I was like no problem. I don't know how a book can be so short yet so long. It's written but with the variation of additional banter between Elizabeth and Darcy after their first encounter which sets off a domino impact of fewer misunderstandings and a more constructive relationship between the two. 

Just kind of boring. No scandal, nothing super shocking, and it was difficult for me to finish in the end because it was just so obvious. They had some witty conversations I just don't think they were anything that added to the existing wittiness of the original content. Some people ended up with different people but not because of anything that the plot caused, rather just because of preexisting conflicts that this book just didn't address as well as Austen did originally. 

I think it was written pretty well I just don't know how much I really got from it. I think it could have had some more original content if it wanted to advertise itself as being something of an original twist to Pride and Prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...