Friday, December 11, 2020

Book Review: Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court #1)

Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court, #1)

Curse of the Fae King

Delia E. Castel

2/5

Neara has spent the last ten years of her life going to dramatic lengths to avoid the fae. When her and her father are kidnapped and she is bound to impossible tasks to win his freedom, she doesn't see much hope. Drayce seems to be helping her but she also doesn't know who she can trust. 

I didn't like it all that much. There were a lot of things missing for it to be a good read for me. The period of time that this book covered was just way too short for everything that happened, the relationship between Neara and Drayce just felt so forced and fabricated. The plot line in general was just kind of weak and I found myself not caring how it ended either way. It also felt like another imitation of ACOTAR, which I know we've all had enough of.

Maybe I've just overloaded on this type of book recently, but this one just didn't stick out to me. I don't know if I'll read the next one because there doesn't feel like a lot that I need to know. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read but it also isn't one that will be really remembered.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...