Friday, December 11, 2020

Book Review: Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked #1)

Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)

Kingdom of the Wicked

Kerri Maniscalco

4/5

I was super impressed by the intricacy and depth of this book. Emilia and Vittoria are light witches who work in a Sicilian restaurant with their family. Until one dark night when Emilia finds Vittoria with her heart ripped out and she's thrown onto a dark path for revenge. It leads her right to Wrath, a prince of hell who says he'll help her but also only because he's bound to do so. 

I love books with magical families like this, or when there's an entire network of witches like in this one. I also appreciate that this book created more questions than it answered. The magic is still quite confusing to me, I'm not sure really what happened at the end. I mean, I know what happened, I'm just really concerned about the repercussions.

The romance wasn't as great as I feel like it was built up to be by other reviewers. They had the physical element of it, but there wasn't enough actual interaction for me to get behind some kind of prophetic relationship or something. They didn't really close the book on their feelings postively or negatively though so there's still hope for something super cool in the next book. 

All in all, I would recommend this a lot more than I would recommend her other series. I couldn't even get past the first book in Stalking Jack the Ripper but I'll be highly anticipating the sequel to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...