Sunday, December 6, 2020

Book Review: Longbourn (Jane Austen's Dragons #2)

Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 2)

Longbourn

Maria Grace

3/5

There was a lot of back and forth in this book. Should Elizabeth marry Mr. Collins? Is Mr. Darcy nice and does he like Elizabeth or is he just desperate for her help? I don't know, the first one felt a lot stronger than this. But I still loved the universe and the fact that there were dragons.

I think that the weirdest part of this whole story, the part that threw me most off, was Mr. Collin's stealing Darcy's most infamous proclamations of love. That's a central part of his character arc and having it stolen by someone so gross really took away from the story for me. Not to say that it made it a bad read or anything, it just felt weird and a little cheap to steal something like that so word for word. 

I'm still going on in the series cause I like a lot of things about it. I hope that we move a little bit more towards romance between Darcy and Elizabeth, though the misunderstandings that are so intrinsic to the story line have been somewhat lacking to this point. I'm still looking forward to seeing where it goes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...