Sunday, August 9, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Amsterdam Avenue (Gaslight Mystery #17)

Murder on Amsterdam Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #17) 

 Murder on Amsterdam Avenue

 Victoria Thompson

5/5


17 books in and I feel like the books are just getting better. There was a point where I hesitated in going on because the 23 released books is a lot to get through and a big commitment if I'm not in love with the characters. I'm in love with the characters, their arc are beautiful. The mystery in this one had me questioning everything from start to finish, just when I felt like I had figured it out it got all mixed up again. 

I think that one of my favorite things about this series is how unusually supportive her family is. Not just with her new relationship with Malloy but with her solving mysteries in general. They actually help her on multiple occasions, this novel especially. I love to see the bonding and them all getting along. I also LOVED the merging of their families at the end. Sarah's parents welcoming Malloy, Catherine calling him her father, Brian calling Sarah his mother. It was beautiful and had me crying. I don't typically like reading such older people but I guess I'm getting old or I got very committed because this one got my heartstrings.

I've said it a billion times but if you haven't started this series yet, you're missing out. I know it's a huge commitment but the individual books aren't that long and they're amazingly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...