Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Book Review: Being Mrs Darcy

 Being Mrs Darcy

 Being Mrs Darcy

Lucy Marin

4/5

This book is very elaborate and well-thought out Pride and Prejudice fanfiction. I discovered this subsection on Kindle Unlimited that's basically just Pride and Prejudice fanfiction and I'm honestly living. I think that if I were rating this solely on the how it made me feel at certain points I would be giving it a 5/5. There were some issues with the writing though that made me hold back on that full 5/5 though.

This is a straight AU. Instead of meeting in typical Pride and Prejudice fashion, Elizabeth and Darcy met when Elizabeth stepped in to save her from Wickham. To save both of their reputations, Darcy and Elizabeth get married. It quiets the rumors and protects everyone, but makes both parties fairly miserable. We all know the things that Darcy said at that first party about Elizabeth, they weren't exactly nice. Their marriage here follows the same awkward progression of love and misunderstandings that made me love the characters when I initially read Pride and Prejudice. 

I wish so much that I could read Pride and Prejudice again for the first time. Honestly one of my favorite reads ever and the retellings that I read are the closest I'll get to ever feeling that way. If you just watched it cause it was added onto Netflix, I'd totally recommend reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...