Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Fifth Avenue (Gaslight Mystery #14)

Murder on Fifth Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #14)
Murder on Fifth Avenue
Victoria Thompson
5/5

Honestly, I'm ruining my review scores with inflation because of how invested I am in this series. If you haven't gotten it by this point, I love these books and I'm in love with the characters. At this point, there's not a lot that could happen that would make me stop reading.

Malloy and Sarah have these character arcs that are really amazing. Thinking about Malloy from the first book is just really unthinkable, he's a completely different person. Sarah isn't as different, but also has had some serious progress. Her parents? Amazing people and both growing exponentially. The best element here was Mr. Decker and Malloy's growing relationship. He didn't prevent Sarah's first marriage, but holding back his acceptance didn't really help much. He genuinely likes Malloy at this point though, despite his status. That's really amazing and I can't wait to see more of it. (That cliffhanger on their conversation really killed me!!)

So I need more and I'm already a fifth of the way into the sequel. The only thing I'm scared of is getting to the end, I can't imagine waiting twenty years for all these reveals. I need more and I don't think I can stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...