Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Book Review: Murder in Chelsea (Gaslight Mystery #15)

Murder in Chelsea (Gaslight Mystery, #15)
Murder in Chelsea
Victoria Thompson
5/5

So good I'm losing my mind! The fifteenth book in the Gaslight Mysteries truly did not disappoint. If you haven't started these books by now, you're really missing out. When someone inquires about Sarah's "adopted" daughter, she's afraid she'll lose her forever because of legalities. Being a widow in the late nineteenth century, she hasn't been allowed to formally adopt Catherine and there are forces trying to pull her away.

I'm so invested in this series it's not even funny. As I've said before, there's really nothing bad about it. The character arcs? Amazing. The romance? Amazing despite it being the slowest burn I've ever encountered in my entire life. The actual murders? Constantly making me question everything as I go. I don't know enough about how each situation would have played out in the time period to know if it's entirely realistic to think there would be quite so many murders in a singular case, but I'm honestly just enjoying the mystery of it all.

But yes, this is the book to read. The other fourteen books? Completely worth it to get to this point because I can't imagine not reading that final scene. I only finished a few minutes ago but I can't imagine what my life would be like without those last few pages. Like I said, if you haven't started this series yet, you're missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...