Thursday, March 19, 2020

Book Review: Seeing Mary (Dalton Family #1)

Seeing Mary  (Dalton Family)
Seeing Mary
Sarah Adams
1/5

This is an extremely short novella following a week(ish?) in the life of Mary, the wary daughter of a duke, as she falls for Robert, a "mysterious" earl who sweeps her off her feet.

Kindle Unlimited novellas are probably not the way I should go but I was bored and it was a quick read. I had the usual problem which I have with novellas but at a greater magnitude, the characters had no substance. The earl was supposed to be mysterious, which is an annoying enough trope on its own, but he wasn't even mysterious he was just a basic guy. Her tragic backstory wasn't tragic at all and her hurt felt so weird and fake. Their love story? No chemistry, no build-up, nothing that made it all that interesting at all.

I also don't know how it's a novella that's an introduction to the series because why wouldn't they get their own full-length? It doesn't seem as though the characters in the next book are more important or more deserving of a full-length novel. It's all confusing and felt cheap and just pointless. I usually don't finish books that I think deserve 1 star but it was so short that I finished it just cause it was faster than not doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...