Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Book Review: Full Blood (Wyrd Blood #2)

Full Blood (Wyrd Blood Book 2)
Full Blood
Donna Augustine
4/5

This cover is horrible I know, and I shouldn't judge books by their cover but like this one could use some serious help. That being said, the second book in this series was pretty much just as good as the first, I liked the concepts and the magic, and, for the most part, the characters. I don't really know what Full Blood means, but like I said in my previous review, Bugs is the chosen one.

The biggest issue I have with it is probably the pacing. It feels like they all get hung up on random things forever, and then bam, everything is instantly solved. There isn't a great progression of things. The same goes with the romance, the progression is off. They have a lot of feelings and such but they haven't talked about anything and it feels like it just keeps going in circles. There isn't even any real hints that something is going to happen, it just feels like Ryker doesn't have feelings like that for her and is just sleeping around. Like, there was more romantic tension in the first book than this one and that feels weird.

Overall, pretty good but I'm still waiting for something extraordinary. I'm reading the next book right now and looking for everything to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...