Thursday, January 16, 2020

Book Review: Blood Binds (Wyrd Blood #3)

Blood Binds (Wyrd Blood Book 3)
Blood Binds
Donna Augustine
3/5

This series overall was pretty good, but so similar to her other series through and through. In this one, Bugs is trying to deal with the fact that her and Ryker's magics have been merged together and she can't get over her unrequited feelings for him. She goes away for a few months, there's a nice time jump, and when she returns, her life is once again threatened. It's kind of overkill on how many times Bugs gets to almost being dead and then having to be magically healed, or it definitely is when considering Ryker is never injured. Like, it could be because of his age but we're never actually given an age- a whole other idea to be kind of uncomfy about since his friend is 80 and I think we're supposed to assume that he's older.

I get the whole will-they-won't-they appeal, and it's great for a book or two, but once you get to the third and I've spent so long wondering when they're going to get together, the events of this book just let me down. I thought it was going to be the whole cliche I wanted to be with you but I didn't think you do type thing, instead Ryker was just being a jerk and then finally decided he was interested in Bugs when she was about to die again. It just didn't feel deep enough for the amount of build-up that there has been.

There were so many events in the book that bored me, or were difficult to follow. It's a good series, I think I would still recommend it because it has its benefits, this one just didn't hit as well as the other two did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...