Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Book Review: Firebug (Firebug #1)

Firebug (Firebug, #1)
Firebug
Lish McBride
2/5

This wasn't a very interesting read. Ava can start fires with her mind, she works for a woman who's the head of a supernatural mafia who also killed her mother. The whole premise is that she's making things right by getting even, but honestly there's not a lot of action there. It's mostly just Ava being roasted for being too impulsive and too powerful?

I hate books where the narrator has to tell you how powerful they are. Ava can't stop going on about how dangerous it is for her to go nova, and yet she gets caught or defeated at every turn. She's just not a very strong protagonist, I don't like her emotionally and I don't like her powers, so it's difficult for me to like anything else about the book.

I don't even have much to write about it. I didn't really like reading it at all. The only reason it's not one star is because it had enough action that I was at least motivated to finish reading it. I like books where people have fire powers, but there really wasn't much else interesting in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...