Monday, December 9, 2019

Book Review: Well Met (Well Met #1)

Well Met (Well Met, #1)
Well Met
Jen DeLuca
4/5

I think I maybe rated this book a little higher than my overall experience, but like in terms of hardcore vicariously living through the protagonist, this book is a 10/10. If that makes sense, it's not the best book to read ever, but it's definitely the life that I think all of us want to live. Emily is helping her older sister and her niece out after a car accident makes driving kind of difficult for them. As part of this helping out, Emily volunteers to work at the Renaissance Faire in the small town so that her niece can also volunteer there. The guy who organizes it all, Simon, is kind of a stickler for the rules and he and Emily get off on the wrong foot. But as time goes on, rom-comesque shenanigans ensue and they realize that maybe they don't really hate each other.

Like all of these contemporary books that I've read this year, it's highly predictable. It's like I said, not the best to read if you want a book that transports you to a place you've never been, it's very realistic and not really even over-dramatized like a typical rom-com. I mean sure, some of this stuff would only happen in a book, but honestly it's mostly stuff that I can see happening in a day-to-day setting.

It has a lot on mourning though, how much of something you should keep when you're only doing it to satisfy the dead. I thought that was a sweet topic, and I really appreciate that Emily didn't let the dead control her life. Ultimately, Simon didn't either, but it was a great way for a relationship to work through a problem in a way that was mutually beneficial.

I think I'd recommend it if you want to see a couple work out- which is basically why I read these books. It's cute, it's nerdy, and it's something that everyone wishes there was more of in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...