Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Book Review: The Princess and the Hound

The Princess and the Hound
The Princess and the Hound
Mette Ivie Harrison
2/5

I'm very confused by this book. First of all, the title is confusing. The book isn't about the princess and her hound, the book is about Prince George as he meets the princess and her hound and struggles to solve their mystery via his illegal animal magic.

Everyone was switching bodies and I really had no idea what was going on for half the book. Like the naming and the emotional connections and the powers made everything so confusing and difficult to follow. The ultimate conclusion made no sense for me, maybe because I was having such a hard time following who was talking to who and the real emotional connections of it all.

I like Prince George well enough but I also don't think he really knows what he wants. The book felt like it was coming to a conclusion and he was figuring it out, but then there was some other random element added and I was just confused again.

It was too confusing for me to really find it enjoyable. Because it wasn't like confusing in a wow this is so interesting and trippy, it was confusing in a what is going on and why is this happening kind of way. Wouldn't really recommend it, because the characters weren't strong enough to warrant a deeper connection and the plot was just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...