Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Book Review: Beneath Cruel Fathoms (The Bitter Sea Trilogy #1)

Beneath Cruel Fathoms (The Bitter Sea Trilogy, #1)

Beneath Cruel Fathoms
Anela Deen
5/5

Overview

I loved this book! It's been a long time since I've read a good book about merpeople, I feel like there aren't a lot of books written about them in general. A few on sirens, but this is much more. Leonel is the last merman, but also the son of a goddess and has never felt as though he belongs anywhere. Isaura is a young woman who has had a rough year, the shipwreck that nearly kills her is probably the peak of that. The two meet and they band together to fight the main evil of the book, a sinister plot involving a combination of all the different worlds.

This book feels much stronger than an ordinary fantasy because it combines so many issues. I was literally crying at the end of it because of the character growth. The characters both feel broken in some way, through no real fault of their own, and though they rely on each other, they ultimately find their strength independently.

I also loved how Isaura's strength is realistic. She isn't crazy strong or infallible like many heroines, but she can defend herself physically and mentally. She's normal yet she's so special and that's such a great addition to any fantasy.

Would I Recommend? 

Yes! I wish more people knew about this book, because it's honestly amazing. I might go crazy waiting for the sequel, but I'm so glad that I found this book. How could you not want to read it with such a beautiful cover, and it's on Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...