Monday, March 27, 2023

Book Review: From Lukov with Love








Overall: 4/5

Plots and Themes: 4/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing Style: 4/5

Attention Grabbing: 5/5 

From Lukov with Love is another installment of the Zapataverse following Jasmine as she pushes herself to the gold in Olympic figure skating. One issue though, she doesn't currently have a partner and she's a pairs skater. When one of the best pairs skaters in the world asks her to be his partner, it should be an automatic yes as it could be her last chance to get a true title. The only issue? He's been her public enemy #1 for a literal decade and she would rather do just about anything than work with him for hours every day. 

I think that my issue here was that Jasmine was type casted too much in Dear Aaron so she had to really play up being obnoxious in this one. While I feel Zapata books usually have a moment where everything becomes clear and their true love is declared and the slowburn is finally fulfilled, we got more of Jasmine's complaining and we were supposed to accept a lot more of their interactions on the premise of the significance of their history. So I wasn't as into it as I usually am with her books. 

That being said, she still had her moments where I was giggling and screaming so I think she still did her job. I also feel that, based on the hype I had seen for this one versus her other books, I was expecting a lot more but I just didn't connect with them as much as I've connected with other characters she's written. So still super good as I'm highly biased towards loving Zapata, but definitely could have been better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...