Sunday, December 19, 2021

Book Review: White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2)

White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) 

White Hot

Ilona Andrews

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 5/5

Writing style: 5/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

White Hot is the second book in the Hidden Legacy series, primarily covering Rogan and Nevada via Nevada's POV. At this point they've dealt with the most imminent catastrophe and they're trying to figure out where they fit into each other's lives now. They're both powerful individuals and they know that the world is only going to get more demanding of them as people begin to realize that. 

I don't think this one was as exciting as the first one, but I still respect a lot of the choices that were being made to prolong the slower burn of it all. What I especially love about this series is the rationalization of the decisions being made, each character adds their own flair when it comes to making choices but they all do so in a way that is most authentic to them. The thought process behind it all is very well-done and flows really well for me as a reader. 

I'm still recommending this series, I don't know if I'll feel the same way now that I know that we're going to be transitioning a bit into other POVs. I'm kind of selfish in the way that I only like hearing from the person who I identify as the main characters initially, but if the author can write with as strong of a voice as they have been currently then I'm sure I'll love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...