Sunday, October 17, 2021

Book Review: Entranced (Prince of the Doomed City #1)

Entranced (Prince of the Doomed City #1)

Entranced

Sylvia Mercedes

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

Entranced is another book by Sylvia Mercedes, a bit of a slow start to a brand new series featuring a previous character. Clara is an Obligate to the fae, she has been assigned 15 years of indentured servitude as penance for a crime she does not remember. The rest of the human world ages on but she is trapped, far away from her friends and her childhood sweetheart and forced to serve in a mystical library. After an attack by a powerful creature, her Obligation changes hands and she is once again thrown into an unknown world. 

I wasn't a big fan of the romance in this book. There wasn't a lot of chemistry and I don't really see how it can build up in a realistic way. I was also just disappointed to see the outcome of two characters I really liked from another novella. Maybe it will be better in the next book and I'll get more closure but it's like we got a great little love story only to end like this? I really wasn't satisfied. 

Not much else to say, I think it was interesting but really not super invested and it was hard for me to get through to the end. Her crime was pretty freaking obvious to me but I guess it'll be explained away as unintentional or something in the next book. I think that it was a lot of drama without a lot of back up and I don't know if I'm a big fan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...