Sunday, October 17, 2021

Book Review: Bad Fae (Cat McKenzie #3)

Bad Fae (Cat McKenzie, #3)

Bad Fae

Lauren Dawes

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 5/5

Writing style: 4/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

Bad Fae is the third book in the Cat McKenzie series. Cat is really getting into the rhythm of the supernatural, she's ditched her biases and is really thriving working with Sawyer. That is until a fae makes it his personal mission to murder her and she has to ditch constant assassination attempts. Plus, things have really heated up with Sawyer but her trust issues are preventing her from making a full commitment. 

I liked Cat, I think she's a good amount of quirky. Sawyer balances her out too and I think it's great how he's not this disconnected angsty dude. You really see the effort he's putting in. I'm also a sucker for the books where the guy gets obsessed first cause you know that's real fantasy. I did have a bit of an issue with her obsession with unicorns, it felt a little too babyish and off considering we already have the age difference here. But I'll let it slide unless it gets super weird in the next one. 

I'm still liking the series though and I'm excited to get into the next one though I've been delaying because I haven't made time to write this short little review. I want to see their relationship develop and I'm really hoping for a thriving dynamic duo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...