Thursday, September 30, 2021

Book Review: Dark Curse (Dragon Bound #2)

Dark Curse (Dragon Bound, #2)

Dragon Bound

Annika West

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

I'm way behind on writing reviews and I read this a couple of weeks ago so my take is a little out of date. This is the second book in the Dragon Bound series. Aster remains Huxley's "employee" despite her emerging magic and newly discovered powers. She's at odds with herself, she's always been a Cut and now people are trying to tell her she's more. While trying to figure our her heritage and who she really is, they're also dealing with an army of undead witches and warlocks. It's really a full time gig. 

Not much super notable. I thought that the matching marks thing was cute but predictable and it's kind of weird that there are all different kinds of shifters and yet the dragons are the ones who will fit so easily into her new heritage. I thought the culmination of their relationship was fun but I also think it needs a lot more conversation than what went on in that brief scene. Looking forward to them actually dealing with their problems a bit in the next. 

So yeah, I'm late to the review party but I appreciated it and I think I'll probably read the third at some point. It's a very classic PNR but it has all the elements that can keep you entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...