Monday, June 21, 2021

Book Review: Stolen Thorn Bride (Stolen Brides of the Fae #7)

Stolen Thorn Bride (Stolen Brides Of The Fae #7)

Stolen Thorn Bride

Kenley Davidson

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 4/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

Stolen Thorn Bride is the seventh novella in an eight novella series written by various fantasy romance authors. When Kasia loses controls of the animals she's meant to keep, she risks it all by crossing to the domain of the elves. She's caught and told that her options are marrying an unknown man or death, so the choice was pretty obvious. Now, there's war on her doorstep and she has no idea how her siblings are faring and she has to deal with a guy who's kind of a jerk considering she saved his life. 

I liked Kasia a lot, I think she's a great protagonist because she's intelligent and thoughtful. Honestly, she probably could've benefited from a lot more page-time. I love the root universe of this one so I'm a little biased, it just works really well. I wish that all of these were longer to be honest because sometimes novellas just aren't enough. The one thing I had against the plot was the constant comparison of Kasia to Dechlan's dead girlfriend. I understand it it's just a little annoying and not very easy to get through in such a short piece. 

But all in all, another fantastic addition to this series of books! I haven't read them all and hopefully I'll get back to the two that I missed soon but I think is such a cool and fun idea. I'm really looking forward to reading the other works from the other authors too so it's definitely great for spreading the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...