Monday, June 28, 2021

Book Review: Star Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic #2)

Star Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide To Magic, #2) 

Star Witch

Helen Harper

Overall: 5/5

Plot and themes: 5/5

Characters: 5/5

Writing style: 5/5

Attention-grabbing: 5/5

So I thought that Brimstone Bound would have to be my favorite Helen Harper series but this one is really raising the bar. Ivy and Winter had an awkward encounter a few weeks ago and haven't talked since. She doesn't want to be part of the Order but she does want to see him. When she's recruited to work with him and go undercover on one of her favorite shows, it seems like the perfect solution. Unfortunately, things get pretty serious pretty quickly and the danger of the whole situation escalates faster than she can really keep up with. 

I said it in the last review and I'll say it again: I love Ivy. I also love Rafe and obviously I'm obsessed with Brutus. They're such a funny cast with such amazing interactions. I think that Ivy goes a bit overboard with the whole lazy angle but we really get to see her step up for what she believes in in this one. It's campy and fun but still has a great underlying plot that keeps you wanting more. 

I just have to restate how funny Brutus is. Like, you won't think it's funny unless you read it but a cat who only speaks in monosyllabic statements like "food", "pet", and "bitch" turning around and basically giving us a whole page of poetry? That's comedy gold right there and no one's going to convince me otherwise. I loved him and I loved the story which he was such an intricate part of. 

So yeah, this is perfect for urban fantasy fans because it's my ideal urban fantasy. I'm recommending this series a lot and I've already read it all so I can really confidently do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...