Sunday, June 6, 2021

Book Review: Etched in Bone (The Others #5)

Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)

Etched in Bone

Anne Bishop

Rating System:

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 2/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 2/5

Attention-grabbing: 2/5

Etched in Bone is the fifth book in the Others series, I reread it I don't know just to torture myself from the general lack of resolution. We spend four books building up to both Simon and Meg's relationship and the greater understanding of her powers of prophecy only for it to end with a shoddily written kidnapping story and just an agreement on where there relationship is going to go. There are a million loose ends and a trillion things that could have been written into the sequel series rather than what was written about. 

I rated up to give it three stars just because I'm still so attached to this series that I'm biased into liking it. In reality, I don't feel like you should tell us that someone is a low-life villain the whole time and then make the biggest climax of the novel being them being a low-life villain. They said, oh no what if he finds Meg he'll definitely do some bad stuff, then he found Meg and did some bad stuff. I love Meg as a character, I think she's so resilient and I think she handled everything very well but we were already pulling away from her perspective here and so her being in trouble being the main plotline just felt so off. 

Again, this is like my third or fourth time re-reading this book so I definitely don't have any room to complain I obviously like it well enough. I'm just constantly disappointed and looking for more from it. If Anne Bishop could write a book six within Lakeside specifically I think that would be the most satisfying route for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...