Saturday, January 30, 2021

Book Review: Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae #2)

Shadow Wings (The Darkest Drae, #2)

Shadow Wings

Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Clare

3/5

Ryn is trying to figure out her powers, she's a never before seen combination of Phaetyn and Drae and not everyone is happy about that. She's trying to reconcile her old life with her new one and she's having a pretty difficult time. She journeys to the Phaetyn land and discovers a whole new side of the world all while the psychotic emperor threatens her existence. 

Ryn was getting a little whiny for me. Tyrrik really didn't do that much to her and she was just kind of mad and confused and back and forth about it the whole time. I don't know if I really approve of their relationship but all the rejections and such were kind of shallow and weird. It just occupied such a huge portion of the book for no reason. 

Basically the same feelings I had during the first book, it has decent world building but a lot of weird dialogue. I'll finish the series off just because it's interesting enough as kind of empty reading. I don't know if I love it but I like it well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...