Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Book Review: Enchanting the Elven Mage (Kingdoms of Lore #1)

Enchanting the Elven Mage (Kingdom of Lore, #1)

Enchanting the Elven Mage

Alisha Klapheke

3/5

In a Sleeping Beauty retelling, Aurora isn't just a princess, but a powerful water mage who has been hidden her whole life to protect her from a curse placed in her infancy. Prince Filip is an elf who is marrying her to protect both of their kingdoms from the imminent war. 

It was really creative, I love all the little unique elements which made it a great retelling. I will say that it dragged at points, the dialogue felt too much and then characters didn't really feel like they were all that intelligent in their decisions. I liked it for the premise more than I liked it for the writing mechanics. 

It was a pretty average read, I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other. I thought there were super creative pieces of it but I also thought that the ending was obvious and didn't really build up enough. I don't think I would strongly recommend it but if you're interested in Sleeping Beauty or general fairy tale retellings than it might be something that you'd like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...