Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Book Review: Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons #1)

Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1)

Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon 

Maria Grace

4/5

I found this book super interesting. Pride and Prejudice rewritten with a twist- England is infested by dragons and the English gentility and nobility are tasked as keepers and friends to these dragons. Elizabeth is an especially skilled keeper and Darcy has lost his dragon, or his estate's dragon egg and it's close to hatching. They have to work together to find it before it decides it wants to destroy the English countryside and start another dragon war. 

I liked the fundamental concepts of the universe. Dragons that are exclusive to the estates and must be closely maintained by those estate owners. It was so cool and interesting and I couldn't stop reading. I love historical fiction and I love fantasy and when you combine the two for such an original and bizarre universe I really can't resist. 

It was a little bit slow at parts and it repeated things to the point where I was a little bored. That didn't detract from the total appeal of the book, again the universe is the truly interesting part. I'm a little mad about the lack of resolution but I'm excited to move forward in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...