Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Book Review: Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords #1)

Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1)

Fantasy of Frost

Kelly St. Clare

4/5

I was torn on what to rate it, but considering how quickly I read it I think it deserved to be rounded up. Olina has been forced to wear a veil her entire life, never even seeing her own face. Her mother literally drained entire lakes so she would be prevented from seeing even her own reflection. This treatment is coupled with constant abuse, the only highlight being meeting Prince Kedrick. 

I'm a little confused on the separation of the dimensions or realms? I don't think it's magic, it might be some kind of dystopian type thing. I think it was interesting and definitely could be more interesting in future books if it were further developed. The "cliffhanger" at the end was a little strange though and not conducive with how I pictured the rest of the realm so I really hope it's better explained. 

I don't know if I would really classify this as a fantasy-romance as the romantic element faces a pretty significant barrier within like the first forty pages. I can see where it's probably going with the romantic element but I don't know if I really vibe with it. I think that this book has a lot going for it but I think it has a long way to go before it's really good. I'm looking forward to reading the next just to fill in all the random cliffhangers of the general plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...