Thursday, December 31, 2020

Book Review: Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords #2)

 Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords, #2)

Fantasy of Flight

Kelly St. Clare

3/5

These books are super short and super easy to get through. After fleeing on a mission to avenge a murder, Olina finds herself as a fighter in a whole system of illegal fights. She thrives at it and finds it difficult to motivate herself to the world of political treachery from which she originates. 

The synopsis of this book is like deliberately vague because so much weird stuff is constantly happening. I will say that I like the different elements of the worlds and I think that they're super interesting. I don't like the pacing of it all that much though, like the transitions are so abrupt and each part of the story is so strangely separated. I don't think that the kind of separation which is implied could actually be achieved given the other descriptions of the world. They say her height is super unique and yet no one puts together her disappearance with the appearance of another of the same height? It's a little bit hard to believe. 

I didn't like this book as much as the last especially for the introduction of the new world. It's obviously going to be important to the rest of the story but I feel like it was just kind of thrown in there. I'm also kind of mad at Olina for running so much. I understand her motivations and the traumas which she experienced but it would be a lot better if she could talk things out. I'm looking forward to seeing where her relationships with everyone goes but I'm also pretty nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...