Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Review: Vengeful (Vicious #2)

 Vengeful (Villains, #2)

Vengeful

V.E. Schwab

4/5

This book lives up to its name because no matter who was introduced and what was going on, it was ultimately all about Eli and Victor getting their revenge. It's another glimpse into the world of EOs, a time jump with the same jumps back in time that happened in the first book. I think that the best part of it all is that you don't know whose side to be on. 

They're both killers and they're both bad people. They've just been through so much at this point that I just feel bad for them. The more I saw of Eli's past, the more that I could justify what he was doing. Not that I can justify it at all, it just made me confused because like, he had a point. I think it's a mark of good characterization and an interesting plot that it's so difficult to take sides. There were times when I was bored and confused with the timeline of it all but it was the main characters that kept me coming back.

The ending confused me a lot. I understood it I just didn't like it because it left too many things open. It looks like there could be more books in the future but it felt so incredibly open-ended. Some things were resolved with a degree of finality but other characters left us hanging completely. I'm excited to see if Schwab continues this universe cause I really just want more at this point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...