Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Review: Murder of Crows (The Others #2)

  Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)

Murder of Crows

Anne Bishop

3/5

Another re-read because it's just so easy. These slow burn series are so easy to hate for how slow everything moves and yet you can't help but keep reading. I think it's totally justified how slow things are moving given Meg's backstory, simultaneously though I really want something else to happen. I also don't like how much Meg feels dumbed down, I know that's part of who she is, but I just hate the language of it all. 

This book is more about helping to deal with Meg's past rather than anything that Meg is doing currently. She keeps making prophecies but it feels like more of a side thing rather than the main story line. There might be too many side arcs going on because I feel like it really didn't focus on Meg's transition to regular life or her relationships with these side characters enough. 

It's about the same as I remember it, a fun series but a little weird and kind of slow at points. I don't know if I'll continue the reread just because it can get so slow at times. If you like urban fantasy though I think this series is a must-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...