Monday, August 3, 2020

Book Review: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Clockwork Princess
Cassandra Clare
5/5

I'm not going to lie, this book had be sobbing. The nuances of the romances in this book? Unmatched, nothing has ever made me feel as hard as this book did and continues to do. I don't know why, the actual plot/war in the series isn't very good. I mean, comparative to what I'm seeing in The Dark Artifices and The Last Hours especially. But there's just something about the tragic yet satisfying manner in which things play out that really just has me crying.

The Clockwork War is still mentioned in TLH, but it really just ended as fast as it started. It spans a few months and has like three main battles with only a couple of major deaths. Rereading this seven years later really dulled down the impact of those events for me. When they referenced it in Chain of Gold, they imply that it's a super important event that continues to influence the path of shadowhunters. But really, it feels like the "revolution" of Les Mis that was super impactful on the characters but didn't make a huge difference outside of it. I mean, the Consul and attack on the Council I guess, but also not really?

But the romance, that's something that goes unmatched as time goes on. Will Herondale, Tessa Gray, and Jem Carstairs will always be a great love story in my head. Especially considering how Jem and Tessa's story continues in the newer books. I can't get over it, I don't know how I ever convinced myself that I was over it. I can't wait to get further into TLH and TDA because at this point I really just don't have enough of them and the re-read was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...