Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Book Review: Queen of the Wildwood (Tales of the Enchanted Wildwood #1)

Queen of the Wildwood (Tales of the Enchanted Wildwood #1)
Queen of the Wildwood
Angela L. Ford
3/5

I was excited to read this one, I literally got Kindle Unlimited again using this book as one of my rationalizations. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was such a novella. It felt as though it was a part of some larger universe, maybe it is and I haven't been able to figure it out? A lot happened but it didn't feel very connected to a larger story line. The characters were thrown together and just kind of had chemistry, though it was implied they had a deeper backstory, that story didn't really resonate here.

The ending was predictable but not boring. I think that the main issue here was, like I said, with the length. If it had just been a full-length book there would have been ample time to flesh out the themes which were alluded at, then it could have been a much better book. Because everything felt so abrupt, it wasn't anything more than okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...