Sunday, July 12, 2020

Book Review: Princess of Smoke (Desert Nights Novels #3)

Princess of Smoke (Desert Nights Novels, #3)
Princess of Smoke
Elm Vince and Helena Rookwood
4/5

Another great book in this series! I was questioning its status as a fantasy romance, but I feel like the relationship between Kassim and Zadie was finally validated in this one! After two books of struggling and doubt, their wedding is finally here and they've never been closer. Unfortunately, their rivals are eager to exploit the wedding as a distraction.

I think that the conflicts are a little weak, like especially towards the end it moved a little quickly. I'm not super mad about it, it's still a fun and action-packed read. I just feel as though some of the political concepts could have been explored a little deeper. I also don't know how I feel about the introduction of her sister, since it feels like she was introduced solely as a new female "rival" for Zadie. We'll see how it all pans out in the finale, but I'm hoping for a little more balance! Would still 100% recommend this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...