Saturday, May 16, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery #7)

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
Murder on Lenox Hill
Victoria Thompson
5/5

Maybe it was the anticipation since this is the first book in the series that I got put on a hold list for, but I loved this one! After discovering a pregnant young woman who would have never come to that state on her own, Sarah gets involved in a even more sinister plot involving a corrupt preacher and possible murder. Malloy is simultaneously trying to solve the cold case of her murdered husband, now funded by Sarah's father who seems to want to ruin the dead man's image.

I have mixed feelings about what's going down with Tom Brandt. The series kind of moves slowly on all front, as is what I see as the norm in books with individual mysteries like this. I don't really have a problem with it since there are so many books out, but oh my god it's taking so long to figure this one out. I really hope that Tom Brandt's character isn't sacrificed in favor of pushing Malloy and Sarah's romance forward, though I doubt that that would happen. It's getting interesting though and I can't wait to see how it goes down.

In the first book of this series, I wasn't sure if I liked Malloy because he seemed too controlling and negative. He's really grown as a person though, I know he may have had good intentions from the start but he's just a good person now. I really can't wait to see how he deals with the Tom Brandt situation along with satisfying Felix Decker and keeping Sarah safe at the same time. It's going to be a wild ride for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...