Saturday, April 11, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Gramercy Park (Gaslight Mystery #3)

Murder on Gramercy Park (Gaslight Mystery, #3)
Murder on Gramercy Park
Victoria Thompson
4/5

Honestly, it's to Victoria Thompson's own detriment that I love this series so much because I'm holding it to such a high standard. I loved this one, the mystery was easier for me to solve though than the other two books and the culprit's reveal was comparatively lackluster. Not to say that it wasn't a great book, the other two just shocked me a lot more and I wanted more from this one.

The character development continues to amaze me, Malloy is turning into a very likable character as Sarah "ruins" him. I do wish that he could stop comparing himself to other cops, it has a real "I'm not like other girls" vibe to it and I would prefer that we could all just understand his character progression through his actions.

I'm super excited to read the next book, I haven't run into any hold blocks yet so I'm just chugging through the series. Still standing by recommending the series though, it's the perfect time for a huge binge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...