Thursday, February 13, 2020

Book Review: Hidden Magic (Magic Underground Anthologies #1)


Hidden Magic
Anela Deen
4/5

I'm reviewing an ARC for Anela Deen's novella in the first part of the Magic Underground Anthologies, A Veil is Parted. I got the ARC for this novella in an exchange for an honest review, which I'm here to provide. To be honest, I love Anela Deen's writing, I wish that she were more popular because I've yet to read something by her that wasn't great.

In this novella, Jessa lives in a small town in Michigan. She's just been dealt some earth-shattering news, and she's had to deal with a lot of earth-shattering news in the last couple of years. As she's stewing on her news and trying to walk home from her neighbor's house, she stumbles into an active fight between creatures that she has never seen before. Simith is a pixie, but he's not probably what you imagine when you think of a pixie, he's a trained soldier who has been at war for over a decade. When the two meet, they both have a lot of issues. They're helping each other grow and I'm super excited to see where it goes.

My only criticism would be with the pacing, novellas always have a weird vibe for me because they're so short and yet so packed with information. I'm excited for the rest of the anthology to come out cause I really need more from this universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...